Modern search engines, be it Yandex or Google, have several hundred ranking factors. What should be considered when promoting a website?
- Website design.
- Page loading speed (may vary by hosting).
- Text materials without grammatical errors.
- Lack of 400th error codes (403, 404, etc.).
- Product categories should be represented by a wide range.
- Availability of relevant related products as well as accessories and spare parts.
Internal factors of trust in the site:
- Office / store address in the contact section, map.
- Content text on the About Us page.
- Working time, requisites.
The key is to provide as much information as possible about your company.
- Email on your own domain.
- City phone number with area code, toll free 8-800 . A plus will be the presence of this data in the “header” of the site.
- Certificates and Licenses.
- Second level domain in popular zones: .ru, .com, .org, .su
- Protocol https , signed [simple_tooltip content=’Unique digital signature of your site, required to establish a secure connection between client and server’]SSL certificate[/simple_tooltip].
- Stable operation of the site (you should pay attention to the choice of hosting).
Convenience of the site:
- Clear and simple site navigation (should be thought out so that from the main page of the site to its very depths there are no more than 3-4 clicks).
- Human-readable URLs and TITLE of optimal length (for most search engines this is 60 characters).
- The presence of prices in the product card, and not in a separate price list.
- Own photos of goods (since their uniqueness is as easily determined as the uniqueness of the text) in good quality.
- Video on the site.
- Convenient site search.
- Sorting and filtering products in the catalog.
- Callback order form, working module “online consultant”.
- The age of the site is more than one year, and for highly competitive topics – more than two years.
- Fame and recognition of a brand, domain name, company.
- Links to your site from suppliers and manufacturers.
- Integration with social networks.
- Complete and unique description of the product / service.
- Rating and reviews, blocks of related products.
- A plus will be a calculator of the cost of the service or calculating the number of materials (remember about [simple_tooltip content=’A platform that improves the presentation of sites in search results’]Yandex.Islands[/simple_tooltip]).
- Market justified and competitive price.
- Online payment.
- Discounts, promotions, bonuses.
- Additional services.
What should i avoid?
- An abundance of various ad units, pop-up / pop-under banners, etc.
- Not unique descriptions or no product descriptions at all.
- Missing contact information on the “Contact Us” page.
- Empty product categories.
- Viruses, slow loading of the site, bad layout, errors in the code.
- Locations on 3rd-level domains, .me, .info, .im domain zones or free domain zones such as .tk, .cf, .ga, .ml, etc.